CAIHR has office spaces equipped with computer workstations and two servers to facilitate the IT demands of staff and students. There is high speed intranet and internet access. The Epidemiology Research Unit houses a state of the art 12-seater conference room with facilities for videoconferencing with a Polycom Real Presence Group 500 device which facilitates the simultaneous audio-visual conferencing of 6 clients (remote/local) with the option of desktop/file sharing. The room serves as a Boardroom / Meeting Room, Training area and can facilitate Conference Calls via the Polycom System.
The Computer Server Room is located at the Epidemiology Research Unit with the following components:
- A single 42U Network Rack containing Cisco Catalyst switches that are connected via fibre to The University's high speed WAN)
- UPSs to provide electrical power until the automatic switch-over to an external power generator
- Two 6TB Dell PowerEdge Servers with power, network and storage redundancy; hosting virtualized Linux/Windows Servers which provide secured network file sharing and backup, web based database applications, printing, FTP and other services.
Printing, Photocopying and Scanning Facilities for large field studies is available through a wired network from two TASKalfa 4501i multifunction devices located at TMRU and ERU which
- can print up to 45 pages per minute
- has 2GB RAM and a storage capacity of 160GB HDD
- Standard network printing and colour scanning
- Expandable fax functions of dual fax, network fax and internet fax
- Optional scan to searchable PDF solution with OCR